how I blew my spending hiatus, week 3
• new eye glasses (also a need)
• new sewing machine (mine is malfunctioning)
• Eat This Not That! (supermarket edition) book
• something for Avery
• Eat This Not That! book (approx. $10 + shipping) - I justified it by putting it in the health category. It's very captivating and has encouraged me to spend more money on food. Fabulous.
• The Wide-Eyed Beanie for Avery ($20 + shipping) - I was feeling really low the night before his surgery and when I saw this hat, I felt compelled to buy it for him. Plus, it was on sale and the colors are divine. I wish it came in my size.
• But this is the best part - I borrowed a sewing machine from my coworker! I mentioned I was looking for a new machine, but didn't want to spend any money and she offered to lend me hers. Apparently, she hasn't used it in ten years. It's very basic, but it'll do the job.
• I found myself in the thrift store last weekend ($4) and in the craft store ($15). Purchases for Avery.